EmployersBenefits | Human Resources
Access Your LegalShield@Work Account
Billing, Enrollment, Tools, and Resources
feel that owning an identity theft product would provide peace of mind knowing their identity is protected.
Impact of identity theft/data breach on employee productivity
- Distracted at work 59% 59%
- Made phone calls during the work day 47% 47%
- Took time off of work 44% 44%
- Concerned about identity theft occurring with greater frequency 35% 35%
- These benefits plan increase my financial well-being 61% 61%
- My employer should offer identity theft protection in our benefit package 51% 51%
- My employer should offer a legal services plan in our benefit package 49% 49%
The LegalShield® Workplace Study was conducted by Echo Research LLC, an independent communication, brand, and reputation research company, among a random sample of 750 U.S. employees and 300 U.S employers at companies with at least 100 employees between June 24 and 28, 2019. Employees work full-time, 40+ hours, and are offered voluntary financial benefits at their workplace. Employers are c-Level, EVP/SVP/VP, director, manager, or other decision-makers of their company’s workplace benefit offerings. The overall margin of error is +/- 3.6% (Employees) and +/- 5.7% (Employers) at the 95 percent confidence level.
feel that identity theft protection and legal services benefits increase well-being.
Similar features were deemed important in an identity protection plan:
- Affordable family rate 84% 84%
- Easy process to restore one’s identity 84% 84%
- Insurance to cover expenses related to identity theft 83% 83%
- Dark web monitoring alerts 78% 78%
- Comprehensive mobile app 75% 75%
believe that accessing affordable legal services is an increasingly demanding issue that will improve their employees’ financial well-being.
Product offerings employees would like to see:
- Employers should offer an identity protection benefit 51% 51%
- Employers should offer a legal services benefit 49% 49%
have not yet finalized their Will
Impact of legal matters on employee productivity
- Faced a legal event in the last two years 61% 61%
- Made phone calls during the work day 39% 39%
- Distracted at work 34% 34%
- Took time off 30% 30%